Sun Tower Assisted Living – An Exceptionally Comfortable Environment
- Comfortable apartments are available in both Studio and One Bedroom units. Furniture and accessories in each apartment are the resident’s own personal belongings, reflecting the personality and the taste of the individual. Each apartment is designed for maximum comfort with individually controlled electric heat and air conditioning, private bath with safety bars, in house Satellite TV connections, efficiency kitchens with range, under counter refrigerator, carpeting, draperies, and storage space. Additionally, all residents enjoy: Sun Tower’s Main Floor
- The Dining room is located on the main floor and all three daily meals will be served in the dining room seven days a week. Some activities are held in the dining room also.
- The main floor has a men’s and ladies restroom
- The main kitchen is also located on the main floor and is where the meals are prepared by staff
- There is a coffee shop-meeting area in the Dining Room, which is used by the residents daily
Sun Tower’s Basement
- Exercise room with bicycles and other equipment.
- Pool Table.
- Mini Store.
- Paperback library.
- Laundry room.
On the 12th Floor
- The Beauty Shop is located on the 12th floor.
- A Treatment Room is on the 12th floor, for blood pressure readings and foot care.
- Two men’s/ladies restrooms.
- A guest room, for out of town visitors of residents.
- An Arts and Crafts/Computer Lab.
- A serving kitchen, adjacent to the Large Meeting Room, which is used for meetings, activities, bible study exercise and other events.
- A Solarium area with tables and chairs.
- A walking track around the perimeter of the building.
Assisted Living Services
Sun Tower Assisted Living provides a package of services designed to provide assistance and support in activities of daily living, enabling the resident to maintain the highest level of independence, function, and alertness to enhance the quality of his or her life.
Services available include the following:
- Twenty-four (24) hour staffing is provided. Each apartment, hallway, and lounge is equipped with an emergency call system.
- Medication monitoring; reminding residents to take medication(s) at the time(s) ordered by the physician or other authorized practitioner.
- Bathing assistance is available, which includes stand-by assistance for help getting in/out of the shower and assistance with shampooing hair. Residents must be able to transfer in/out of the shower with moderate assistance.
- Three meals daily plus snacks. Limited special diets available upon request.
- Housekeeping weekly which includes; basic cleaning of the apartment, which consists of vacuuming, basic dusting, and cleaning of bathroom.
- Assistance with personal laundry is available weekly or as needed.
- Bedding is changed and laundered weekly or as needed.
- Assistance with dressing/undressing, personal hygiene, and grooming.
- Assistance with making special appointments and scheduling transportation to medical/dental appointments.
- Assistance with other related activities of daily living.
- The Registered Nurse or LPN will meet with and monitor residents individually as necessary. Limited Nursing services are available as described in Boarding Home regulations or as described in WAC-246.316-265 and Chapter 18.78 and 18.88-RCW. A Registered Nurse is available for case management and coordination of outside medical services.
- Sun Tower Assisted Living provides planned social, educational, and recreational activities.
Sun Tower Tenant Selection Policy
- Tenants must be 62 years of age or older and under the income set by the department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Sun Tower provides it’s services without regard to race, color, sex, creed, disability, or national origin. Maximum income limits to qualify are $23,640 for a single person and $27,000 for a couple.
- The policy for tenant assignments is on a first come first serve basis. We have studio apartments and one bedroom apartments. Applicants are allowed to select to be on the studio apartment list or the one bedroom apartment list or both lists.
- If there is a vacancy, it is offered to the applicant. If there is no vacancy, the application is placed on our waiting list in the order received. Persons are removed from the waiting list if they accept an apartment on that list or if they withdraw their application, or if they are offered an apartment and indicate they have found other suitable housing and no longer wish to be considered for future vacancies, or they become ineligible under the existing guidelines or are deceased.
Assisted Living Food Service
Assisted Living Tenants have all three daily meals included and snacks are available between meal times.
Our Motto: Good nutrition doesn’t stop with retirement
- The kitchen staff at Sun Tower is dedicated to the wants and needs of all our residents. We feel that proper nutrition comes from an overall balance of the basic four food groups. Our goal is food that is appealing, appetizing, and down home good.
- We closely monitor what’s eaten and constantly ask for input from our residents, then design our menus from that information.
Diets and Menus:
- We offer both regular limited special diet meals according to the individual’s needs. Our food service personnel are well skilled in making sure the proper foods are available to those with special needs.
- Our meals are certified by a Registered Dietitian to meet 1/3 of the RDA for an adult.
- Sun Tower staff and residents are proud of our many dinner guests. This shows us that the people who live here are happy to bring in family and friends to share their warm home style atmosphere, friendly staff members, and good food.
- Each passing year shows a guest list with numbers exceeding the year before. We can almost always make room for our invited guests on very short notice.
- Our food service operation fully supports all events happening at Sun Tower. We help the residents in charge of annual events such as our Christmas, Halloween, and Valentine Parties. We provide cake and cupcakes for our birthday celebration.
- As a specialty, we offer a Christmas buffet shortly before the holidays so all of our residents may enjoy the event before leaving to visit relatives.
- In late summer, we have our annual summer buffet, but with sit down dining service available for any resident needing special attention.
- Our staff members love to participate in the special food events at Sun Tower.
It is very rewarding to see the looks of joy and sincere appreciation on the faces of our residents and their families/friends.
The costs for Assisted Living at Sun Tower:
- The cost for a Studio apartment is $2,600/month
- The cost for a Bedroom apartment is $2,900/month
- The cost for a second person is $600/month
These costs include all available services at Sun Tower. *In addition, a security and key deposit will be collected.